Did you Know — 2017 Summer Music Institute Facts
SUMMER MUSIC INSTITUTE
With its 20th anniversary, this program welcomed a new name in 2017. No longer called “The Workshops,” this broad-based summer training program is now referred to as “The Institute.”
- 332 students enrolled in The Institute — a record number.
- 43% of students in the Institute originated from Blaine County.
- 36% of students in the Institute originated from other counties in Idaho.
- 21% of students in the Institute originated from 11 other states.
- 290 students registered for The Experience — The Institute’s weeklong general music program.
- 42 students participated in The Encounter — The Institute’s two-week advanced training program.
- 1,050 combined instructional hours occurred during the Encounter and Experience programs.
- 61 instructors taught during The Institute — 28 Sun Valley Summer Symphony musicians and 33 regional and local instructors.
- 4 world-renowned guest artists interacted with students.
- 1 improvisational concert, featuring Time for Three and The Encounter students, took place to celebrate The Institute’s 20th Anniversary — some things just can’t be recreated.
November 6, 2017